The week that destroyed your no-time excuses is still going strong!
Today, I’m elated to be teaming up with Vic Magary to bring you a 5-minute workout as well as a super-quick-&-easy, super-healthy chicken stir fry.
You may remember Vic from his awesome guest post, The Black Belt Guide to Mastering Any Skill… or you may know him because he is EVERYWHERE; Vic is the go-to fitness guru for Nerd Fitness and The Blog of Impossible Things. I’m so proud to call him my friend.
Here on Strong Inside Out, we’ll be sharing a workout from Vic and the cooking video from me, but there’s a little bonus if you head on over to Vic’s site:
So make sure to click over there as soon as you’re done here. You won’t want to miss these!
Ok, ok. Enough talking. I know you’re strapped for time so let’s get on to this thing! First, a 5-minute workout from Vic:
Oooooh, have fun with that one! And by that, I mean: try not to throw up during it. :)
How excited are you that Lazy-Healthy meals are back?! Not as excited as me, I betcha.
So here are the ingredients in delicious technicolor:
Hungry yet? Good! ‘Cause the cooking and preparation should take you 10-15 minutes max.
Since this video’s a bit on the longer side, I’m gonna break it down for you in terms of times so you can skip around as you need to right underneath.
00:00 Intro (I missed you!)
1:32 Ingredients and possible modifications
3:47 Warming up the pans
4:14 Marinating the chicken
6:25 Sizzlin’ up the chicken
6:55 Steamin’ up the veggies
7:58 Allow me to introduce the poor man’s lid…
8:30 Flippin’ the chicken
8:51 Turn off the chicken’s heat and adding it to the veggies
10:26 Addin’ the cashews
10:59 Takin’ it off the heat and serving
12:00 Let’s eat!
Don’t feel like watching the video? No worries. Here are the steps to make your very own lazy-healthy chicken stir fry:
1. Lightly coat 2 sautee pans with extra virgin olive oil and turn your burners up to medium heat.
2. While those are coming up to heat, marinate your chicken with some soy/tamari sauce, sriracha, red chili flakes, and garlic. Lightly toss that around so that it coats each piece.
3. When your pans are up to temperature, toss the chicken, marinade and all into the pan, spreading it evenly so that each piece cooks on one side for about a minute.
4. Toss your veggies into the other pan with some soy/tamari sauce and sriracha. Cover with a lid or poor man’s lid (cookie sheet).
5. After a minute of the chicken cooking on one side, flip each piece so that it can cook for a minute on the other side.
6. When your chicken is just about cooked through, turn off the heat under the chicken.
7. Remove the lid from your veggies (with an oven mitt if you’re using a cookie sheet please!), and toss your chicken in as well as your cashews. Mix thoroughly and cook for another 2 minutes, tossing every 30 seconds or so.
8. Serve it up and pat yourself on the back! You just cooked up a delightfully healthy meal in less than 15 minutes!